Tuesday, August 25, 2009

TF2 - Turrets 01

OK, so as I was wrapping up the characters, Luxo came to me and asked me to do some deployable turrets, smaller characters that would pop out and wreak havoc ala Frenzy. I took this to mean literally Frenzy; smaller characters that would transform out of a larger bot, like Soundwave and Blaster's guys, Frenzy, Rumble, etc.


So I went to town, and sketched up a bunch of little guys, and when I turned them in, they said 'no...turrets. Not robots.' Miscommunication! They said a pop out turret, like Frenzy, and I guess all I read was Frenzy, not Turret. Granted, all these little guys are basically big gun holders, but that wasn't what was needed. My bad, but there's a few jewels in the Frenzy-like Turrets, maybe someday for some of them?


So I went back to the drawing board, and sketched out a bunch of deployable turret.

Like I was asked to do in the first place.

1 comment:

Romain Revert said...

Very nice concept. Too bad they don't appears in the game :/