Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Going back to Oz - Flying Monkeys 01

Is there nothing scarier? Along with clowns, sock monkeys, these old masks from the Oz movie, make the adult Me strikes out in primal fear if approached by any one. My wife laughs at me and says. 'but they're nice at the end!' But I've seen their capacity for evil.

Like clowns and sock monkeys.


I've had this image set for quite a long time, but now with a little more technical knowledge, I'm wondering how the heck I'm going to paint this one, with three distinct colors, blue, gray, and red? With danger being that I might turn it all purple with the combination of overspray.


I know I want these lil devils shrouded or casting shadows, so I think I'll do a strong pass onthe lower parts with the red, and keep it away from the blues, and let the gray be the in-between. So I put in a lot of lower blacks to help keep these sections separated.

Piled. Next!

No comments: